NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. — New Port Richey police arrested a 25-year-old man who officers say admitted to sexually battering a 6-year-old girl.
Terrelle Cole Jr. is charged with sexual battery on a victim younger than the age of 12.
The police department said witnesses’ accounts and evidence were consistent with the alleged crime.
A family member walked in on Cole performing the crime before he ran away, police said.
Shortly after a statewide be-on-the-lookout was issued, Pasco County sheriff’s deputies said they found Cole driving near Suncoast Parkway and State Road 52.
A detective then interviewed and arrested Cole.
What other people are reading right now:
- More passengers lifted off Norway cruise ship before towing
- Fifth earthquake strikes near Alabama-Florida state line
- Google 'Florida man' followed by your birthday: What's your story?
- Powerball jackpot to $750 million after no winner Saturday
- Florida couple forgot they left their toddler at the park for hours: deputies
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.