BROOKSVILLE, Fla. — A Brooksville man is facing aggravated assault with a firearm charges after being accused of shooting a gun into the ground near some neighborhood children.
Hernando County deputies say Kolby Kneiss, 30, became upset about three neighborhood girls riding an ATV Tuesday near his home on Hadley Drive.
The victims told deputies they had been riding on the four-wheeler towards the end of the road when they saw a white male in the roadway with a gun, the affidavit states.
He fired several shots into the ground between where he stood and where the victims were riding, according to the arrest affidavit. He raised the firearm a little higher with each shot, deputies say.
The girls turned the ATV around in fear for their lives and hit a pole in the process, deputies say. The girls told deputies the man never said anything to them, according to the affidavit.
Kolby admitted to deputies he had fired the gun into the ground to "frighten the three girls away from his property," the affidavit adds.
He was arrested and sent to the Hernando County Detention Center.
He has a court date to appear on August 16 and was issued a $6,000 bond.
- Video shows final moments of doomed flight from Addison's airport
- 2 people killed, dozens injured after carnival ride suddenly snaps in half
- Man kidnapped, killed woman found in truck in Dollar Tree parking lot: deputies
- 'New' type of skimmer found inside gas pump in Clearwater
- Florida 'Doomsday prepper' accused of abusing adopted twins
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.