TAMPA, Fla — Exactly two years after two people were murdered in a January 2019 shooting, the man believed to be responsible has been arrested.
On Jan. 8, 2019, Tampa Police officers arrived to find a Chevrolet Camaro crashed into a house on N. Tangerine Place near E. Yukon Street in Tampa.
According to a press release, the male driver was suffering from a gunshot wound to his head while the female passenger, who also had gunshot wounds, was ejected from the car. The driver was pronounced dead after being transported to Tampa General Hospital.
Today, Garian Brown was located and arrested based on investigative leads, according to detectives.
Brown has been charged with two counts of murder and one count of armed robbery.
This investigation is still active as Tampa Police continue to look for others involved with the murders.
Police say their latest efforts have led to two counts of murder and one count of armed robbery being charged to Kelvin Reynoso for his alleged involvement. He was already in Orient Road Jail on unrelated charges.
If you have any information, contact Tampa Police at (813) 231-6130.
- President Trump tweets he's not going to Joe Biden's inauguration
- Men accused of breaking into graves, cutting the heads of bodies to use in religious rituals
- How to watch Alex Trebek's final 'Jeopardy!' episode
- Tommy Lasorda, Hall of Fame Dodgers manager, dies
- Your COVID-19 vaccine questions, answered: Do I need to be a Florida resident?
- County-by-county COVID-19 vaccine information for Tampa Bay seniors
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter