ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — A man seen on video grabbing a McDonald's employee during a dispute over a straw has been sentenced to jail but is getting time served. So now he only has to serve two more days.
Daniel Willis Taylor, 40, pleaded guilty to two counts of battery on Feb. 26, according to court records. He was sentenced to 60 days in jail but was credited with 58 days served.
The judge ordered him to stay away from the two women involved in the incident as well as the McDonald’s restaurant at 4595 34th St. S., where the attack occurred.
St. Petersburg police said Taylor was arguing with Yasmine James on Dec. 31, 2018, about straws when he grabbed the 20-year-old woman by the shirt and jerked her forward while she was standing behind the counter.
James managed to fight him off while managing to deliver a couple of punches to his face.
The video went viral on social media and led to calls for better safety for fast food employees.
What other people are reading right now:
- Chris Watts describes murders of his family in chilling detail
- Man crushed to death by elephant after whipping it to sit down
- 900 pounds of pot confiscated from camper
- Two first cousins are petitioning to get legally married
- All whole Publix subs will be $5.99 for four days
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.