HUDSON, Fla. — A Pasco County man was arrested Saturday after deputies say he put a gun to his girlfriend's head and later shot at her.
Deputies say Justin Michael Hunt, 24, got into an argument with his girlfriend in the backyard of a home. The girlfriend told Hunt she would call the police if he did not leave, deputies say.
According to an arrest affidavit, Hunt then pulled out a black 9mm handgun and "promised himself if she threatened him he would put the gun to her head." Deputies say Hunt then put the gun up to the victim's head before she tried to run away. The affidavit said he "fired one round" in her direction.
The arrest report said a roommate was in the backyard at the time and saw Hunt brandishing the gun. Deputies say they found one casing in the backyard.
Deputies say the victim and Hunt have lived together on-and-off for three years. Hunt was charged with aggravated assault (domestic) and being a felon in possession of a firearm.
If you suspect someone you know is experiencing domestic violence, there are resources available. The Florida statewide hotline can be reached at 1-800-500-1119. It connects domestic abuse victims to the county resources available in their area.
The CASA and Pinellas County hotline can be reached at (727) 895-4912.
What other people are reading right now:
- After a fight for her life, police say girl shot by mother's boyfriend dies
- Video: Huge gator takes a stroll down Florida street
- E. coli outbreak may be caused by ground beef, CDC says
- Man arrested for stripping in Walmart while his mom chases dog around store, does karate
- Does your driver’s license have a gold or black star? If not, you may not be able to fly in 2020
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.