MARION COUNTY, Fla. — The judge has denied bail for the man accused of killing his wife and her four children in a Florida courtroom Thursday morning.
Michael Jones Jr., 38, arrived back in Marion County on Wednesday. He was found and arrested in Georgia.
RELATED: 'True evil': Missing Florida mom, 4 children found dead as investigation focuses on her husband
The Marion County Sheriff's Office said Casei Jones, 32, was found dead in a car near Brantley County, Georgia after Jones was involved in a car crash. The remains of her four children were found at a separate location.
Investigators say he was looking for a place to dump the body when he crashed.
Investigators think Jones killed his family in their Summerfield home and then drove around with their bodies for weeks until he was found in Georgia.
Deputies have determined the cause of death for Jones and her four children, but will not release the official cause of death until after an autopsy is completed.
Jones is being held on second-degree murder charges for his wife's death and additional charges are pending.
His next scheduled arraignment is set for October 22 at 9 a.m.
What other people are reading right now:
- UFO videos posted by Blink 182 are real and never should have been released, Navy confirms
- You can get paid $1,300 if you watch 13 Stephen King movies by Halloween
- Mother accused of rubbing heroin on daughter's gums to help her sleep. She died.
- 'Somebody was watching out': School resource officer's quick thinking saves little boy
- Meet Buddy: The dog who inspires popular, local Buddy Brew Coffee
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter