LAND O' LAKES, Fla. — A 23-year-old nursing home employee was arrested after deputies say she stole more than $20,000 in property from residents and pawned the items at local pawn shops.
Deputies say Jessica Campbell entered an apartment at the Hudson Atria Nursing Home and removed a ring, two bracelets and a necklace valued at $20,000. Campbell is a care staff member at the nursing home and has a master key to the facility, deputies say.
The sheriff's office said Campbell sold the items and received $300 for the jewelry.
According to law enforcement, Campbell went into another resident's apartment and took a necklace and a charm holder with a value of $300. An arrest report claims Campbell sold the items to a different pawn shop for cash.
The sheriff's office said Campbell was charged with two counts of burglary, one count of grand theft over $20,000 and two counts of dealing in stolen property.
What other people are reading right now:
- Video appears to show somebody taking a bath in the kitchen sink at a Florida Wendy's
- City trying to force RV lot to take down giant US flag
- Florida mom finds her baby girl dead in a daycare van
- Accused St. Pete Beach wedding crasher caught on camera
- 154 people arrested in human trafficking, prostitution sting in Polk County
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.