A 38-year-old Palmetto man is facing a murder charge after police say he stabbed the mother of his four children to death.
Police responded Sunday morning to a home on 2nd Avenue West for a reported stabbing. When they arrived, officers met with Julian Ortiz-Castillo, who allowed them into the home.
Inside the home, officers found Jessica Martinez-Lumbreras, 29, dead from multiple stab wounds. Ortiz-Castillo also had some apparent stab wounds.
The couple's four children -- ages 5, 6, 9 and 11 -- were still sleeping in their bedrooms. They were unharmed.
Investigators said the couple hosted a party with friends the night before. The two had an argument that escalated after the friends left. Detectives said the argument culminated with Ortiz-Castillo stabbing Martinez-Lumbreras to death
Ortiz-Castillo remains at the hospital and is stable. Police obtained a warrant for his arrested and charged him with second-degree murder.
Police said the couple's children are staying with family members.
- Deputies arrest woman accused in deadly Burger King shooting
- Another 7,650 COVID-19 cases added to total in Florida
- NOAA says 'extremely active' hurricane season more likely, updates forecast
- New York Attorney General sues to dissolve the NRA
- 'Despicable': Hillsborough County sheriff says about 3 accused of burglarizing several businesses
- Florida Gov. DeSantis rescinds travel restrictions for those coming from NY, NJ and Connecticut
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter