NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. — A New Port Richey man is facing battery charges against a pregnant woman after an argument Wednesday afternoon.
The Pasco County Sheriff's Office said William Mendenhall, 43, and a pregnant woman got into an argument over a bicycle.
During the argument, deputies say Mendenhall pulled out a sword and began slashing a tent that was set up in the yard.
When the pregnant woman approached Mendenhall, deputies say he pushed her and chased her into a house with the sword, threatening to hurt her.
Mendenhall is charged with aggravated assault and aggravated battery on a pregnant woman.
What other people are reading right now:
- UFO videos posted by Blink 182 are real and never should have been released, Navy confirms
- You can get paid $1,300 if you watch 13 Stephen King movies by Halloween
- Mother accused of rubbing heroin on daughter's gums to help her sleep. She died.
- 'Somebody was watching out': School resource officer's quick thinking saves little boy
- Meet Buddy: The dog who inspires popular, local Buddy Brew Coffee
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter