PINELLAS PARK, Fla — A 19-year-old Largo woman has been arrested after being accused of speeding over 100 mph on busy U.S. 19 Friday night.
Pinellas Park Police says Makiya Lanae Watkins was stopped after hitting 117 mph near Byran Dairy Road just before 7:00 pm.
Police say there was heavy traffic as Watkins was "very aggressively changing lanes numerous times and continued at speeds over 100 mph for a sustained period of time."
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida man eating with family dies after bullet flies through door
- Women accused of stealing elderly lady's credit cards, smiling on $5K shopping spree
- Why the 'Trucker Salute' is a tradition worth saving
- Police told him his mom was murdered, and his 13-year-old son killed her. He doesn't know what to do
- Florida woman finds horse dead, says it looks like he was cut with knife
- After stroke, local business owner hopes Small Business Saturday will help save store
FREE 10NEWS APP: