POLK COUNTY, Fla. — A Plant City woman has been charged for a crash that killed a man in Polk County.
Deputies say Sara Schibler, 39, was driving a two-seat side-by-side Utility Task Vehicle (UTV) along a sandy trail in a wooded area when the UTV went off the trail, hit a fence and overturned. It happened around 8 p.m. Saturday on the property of River Ranch Resort near Lake Wales.
Investigators say 46-year-old passenger Anthony Kunz was ejected during the crash, and the UTV landed on top of his chest.
According to law enforcement, Schibler tried to pull him out from under the UTV but couldn't. Authorities say she was impaired at the time.
Schibler was arrested and taken to the Polk County Jail. She was charged with DUI Causing Death.
The investigation is still underway.
What other people are reading right now:
- FAA revokes license of Florida company that repaired 737 Max sensor
- Depression forms under family's home in Lutz, forcing them to get out
- 'You never know what's going to happen' | Michigan family surprised when satellite crashes onto their property
- FBI investigating Hillsborough County Commissioner Ken Hagan
- She texted her dad's number on the 4th anniversary of his death. This year, she got a reply.
FREE 10NEWS APP: