ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — St. Petersburg police said a 16-year-old student was arrested for making a threat to his high school Friday.
Police said the boy was a 10th-grade student at Gibbs High School.
He said he would “shoot up the whole school” in front of adults and other students, officers said.
He was charged with making a false report concerning the use of a firearm/bomb to conduct bodily harm.
Officers with the St. Petersburg Police Department said they take threats very seriously and that any posts or threats seriously will be investigated.
What other people are reading right now:
- The 'boat graveyard': Why are there more than a dozen old, sunken boats sitting in Tampa Bay?
- Searching for lost graves at MacDill won’t be easy
- Video shows lightning appearing to hit Emirates plane twice
- Family hopes to reconnect with grieving parents who gave their daughter a special ring at Disney
- Utah woman's stepkids saw her topless. She may have to register as a sex offender
FREE 10NEWS APP: