BELLEAIR, Fla. — A gun-wielding man accused of breaking into a home ran away after he was confronted by a homeowner with a knife, an arrest affidavit states.
Belleair police say Christopher Michael Castro, 45, broke into a home around 1:15 p.m. Thursday on Sunset Bay Drive. Officers claim he was armed with a handgun.
According to an arrest affidavit, the homeowner found Castro hiding in a closet in a rear bedroom and told him to leave. Police say Castro became argumentative and pointed a gun at the homeowner.
That's when authorities say the homeowner pulled out a knife, and Castro ran away. Police say they later found the handgun nearby.
Castro was arrested Thursday and sent to the Pinellas County Jail. He faces armed burglary charges.
What other people are reading right now:
- He called police on black women at swimming pool. Now he's facing criminal charges
- Convicted child molester who escaped from Florida prison captured in Miami-Dade
- Alabama man sentenced to 615 years for sex crimes
- Man sentenced to 70 years for raping 1-year-old, posting videos to dark web
- WATCH: US Coast Guard crew jumps on sub carrying 16K pounds of cocaine
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.