RIVERVIEW, Fla. — News that two peacocks were shot to death in Riverview has stunned animal lovers, and now a reward has been offered to find the killer.
Florida Voices for Animals has put up $500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whoever killed the birds in the area of Windswept Avenue and Tarragon Drive.
People in the area saw a black, four-door Ford F-150 with four teenagers riding inside just before finding the dead birds. The truck reportedly had black rims, a busted taillight and a Costa sticker in the back window.
Hillsborough County deputies say whoever shot the birds will face felony animal cruelty and criminal mischief charges.
Anyone who might have any information is asked to call the sheriff's office at 813-247-8200.
What other people are reading right now:
- Man accused of sexually battering 6-year-old girl
- Florida couple forgot they left their toddler at the park for hours: deputies
- Man electrocuted trying to use a metal pole to remove bird from power line
- Fifth earthquake strikes near Alabama-Florida state line
- 'Dreamer' flight attendant detained by ICE after flying to Mexico for her job
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.