SAINT PETERSBURG, Fla. — The St. Petersburg Police Department says a fight between roommates left one man dead and the other facing manslaughter charges.
Officers say they responded to a suspicious death call at about 7 p.m. Tuesday at an apartment on 24th Avenue South. When they got there, they found Richard John Trembly dead in his bedroom, police say.
Trembly had suffered apparent head trauma, according to law enforcement.
After investigating, detectives say they arrested Trembly's roommate Damien Knight and charged him with manslaughter.
Authorities say the two got into a physical fight that led to Trembly's injuries and death.
What other people are reading right now:
- Gov. DeSantis declares state of emergency over cyberattack targeting Colonial Pipeline
- Are there any gas shortages in my area?
- Doctors recommend 'smell training' for COVID-19 related loss of taste, smell
- Make checking your insurance coverage part of your hurricane preparedness plan
- DA to seek death penalty, hate crime charges against 22-year-old arrested for Atlanta-area spa shootings
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter