TALLAHASSEE, Fla — A Florida State University student from Sarasota was killed in a hit-and-run crash earlier this week, police said.
Now, Tallahassee police say officers have arrested the man responsible.
The crash happened on Nov. 17 when 22-year-old Blake Bennett was hit by a car while he was riding his scooter in Tallahassee, WWSB reported.
According to the Tallahassee Democrat, Bennett was a jazz student at FSU and was planning to graduate in the spring.
On Thursday, police arrested Ryan Walters, 27, for leaving the scene of an accident with death and driving while license suspended with knowledge, according to jail records.
- To travel or not to travel: What is the risk?
- Here's how to get tickets to Florida's first snow park
- Are these chilly nights normal for Tampa Bay?
- 7,000 Hillsborough County students were unaccounted for during the COVID-19 pandemic. Where are they?
- Doctors: Gov. Ron DeSantis needs to act now before it's 'too late' to curve Florida's COVID-19 pandemic
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter