SOUTH BROOKSVILLE, Fla. — Deputies say one person is dead, another was driven to the hospital with a gunshot wound and a toddler appears to have been grazed by a bullet in Hernando County.
The shooting happened around 8 p.m. Wednesday on Twigg Street in South Brooksville, according to the report.
Hernando County deputies say they were dispatched when 911 callers reported hearing the gunshots.
When they arrived, deputies say they found one person dead of an apparent gunshot wound and learned a second person who'd been shot was on the way to a local hospital in a private car. That second person's injuries were not life-threatening.
Investigators say they also found a 13-month-old child with an abrasion in the torso area. And, it appeared that was the result of being grazed by a bullet.
Detectives are still trying to piece together what exactly led up to the shooting.
The agency says the Florida Sheriff's Association's Criminal Apprehension Assistance Program is offering an additional $5,000 in reward money for a tip that leads to an arrest in this case. This is in addition to the up to $5,000 cash reward offered by area Crime Stoppers, the sheriff's office says.
Anyone with information should call the Hernando County Sheriff's Office at 352-754-6830. To remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward of up to $10,000, call Hernando County Crime Stoppers at 1-866-990-8477 or submit a tip online here.
Editor's Note: This story has been updated with an increased reward amount.
- Everything you need to know about the Buccaneers' Super Bowl champion boat parade
- It’s about to (hopefully) get easier to get a COVID vaccine at a pharmacy near you
- More riot video expected as Trump trial opening arguments begin
- Trump's 2nd impeachment trial: How long will it take?
- 50 Cent's Super Bowl party costs St. Petersburg company its lease at Albert Whitted Airport
- Suspected cyber attack on Oldsmar water plant prompts security review
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter