UPDATE: Gerardo Aguilar was arrested without incident Saturday night by Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office deputies, according to a news release.
The previous story is below.
BRADENTON, Fla. -- One man is in custody and his brother is being sought in connection with an attempted murder, Bradenton police said.
Police received a 911 call about 2:17 p.m. Thursday. They found a 37-year-old man with two gunshot wounds.
The victim was taken to a local hospital, where he underwent surgery and is in critical condition but stable.
Two suspects were identified. Apolino Aguilar, 23, of Bradenton was located Thursday evening and taken into custody. He is charged with attempted murder and home invasion robbery. He is being held without bail.
Gerardo Aguilar is considered armed and dangerous. If you have information about his whereabouts, you are asked to call 911.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call Detective Juan Torres at 941-932-9308. You may also email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward of up to $3,000, call Crime Stoppers (toll-free) at 1-866-634-8477 (TIPS) or send an anonymous tip through the Crime Stoppers website.
- Florida man accused of masturbating in Walmart parking lot, grabbing deputy’s butt
- Ex-Giants football player Mitch Petrus dies of heat stroke at age 32
- A good Samaritan helped an 11-year-old after a fight. A shooter killed the boy anyway.
- Officials warn about advanced credit card skimmers at gas pumps in Florida
- After flesh-eating bacteria reports, health department says beaches are safe, 'but use caution'
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.