The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office is searching for a man who burglarized and set fire to a car dealership in Tampa.
Investigators say the unidentified man unlawfully entered the King of Carz dealership just before 6 a.m. Thursday on East Fowler Avenue.
Surveillance video shows him lighting and throwing Molotov cocktail-style bottles inside the business and pouring an accelerant on the floor before running away.
"This man's destructive behavior is shameful and we are working hard to find him to determine his motive and ensure he faces consequences for his actions," Sheriff Chad Chronister wrote in a news release. "This business was left with significant damage and with all that's going on in our world right now, being the victim of arson is simply not fair to the hardworking owners and employees."
Anyone who recognizes the man in the video should call the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office at 813-247-8200.
- Gov. DeSantis signs bill expanding Family Empowerment Scholarship to more students
- Police chief: Auburndale officer shot, 1 man dead after traffic stop escalates
- Deadly hit-and-run crash shuts down part of I-75
- Vice President Pence to bring 'Faith in America' tour to Sarasota next week
- Florida governor not rolling back Disney reopening plans
- Historic Sarahan dust plume now over the Gulf of Mexico
- Florida's COVID-19 testing slowed as cases spiked
- 'We should not be asked to be unarmed, unbadged policemen," local business owner says of Hillsborough's new mask order
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter