TAMPA, Fla. — A large house party ended with gunshots early Sunday morning in Tampa.
It happened around 12:07 a.m. in the area of N. 23rd Street and E. Lake Avenue.
A 28-year-old man was shot. Police tried to save his life, but he didn't make it.
A 34-year-old man was also hit by gunfire. He was rushed to the hospital, where he is stable.
"Although early in the investigation, this does not appear to be a random act," a Tampa police spokesperson said.
According to law enforcement, there were many people at the party. But, only "limited information" has been provided to homicide detectives.
Authorities are asking anyone who knows what happened to call the Tampa Police Department at 813-231-6130. Tipsters may remain anonymous by contacting Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay at 800-873-TIPS.
- Florida reports highest new single-day COVID-19 numbers, more than any other state
- Florida sees uptick in deaths following spikes in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations
- Army veteran dies from coronavirus at 37; friends hope his death will serve as cautionary tale
- Three armed men broke into a gun enthusiast's home. The sheriff says he shot them one-by-one.
- 'We're the epicenter' | Epidemiologists say action to slow the spread of COVID-19 in Florida needs to be taken now
- 'It's not the same for everyone, and no one's safe': 25-year-old shares her battle with COVID-19
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter