A Tampa Bay television anchor is behind bars, accused of battering a pregnant woman.
Hillsborough County Jail records say Marco Villarreal, 37, of Tampa was arrested Sunday evening at his home. He is being held on $7,500 bail.
Jail records list his occupation as WFLA news anchor.
Tampa police say they were called to a home by a report of a domestic dispute. There, they spoke to a woman who was six months pregnant. They said she was visibly upset but did not have visible signs of injuries.
They contacted Villarreal and met with him at the home. He was arrested and taken to jail.
10News has reached out to WFLA and its parent company, Nexstar, for comment. On its website, WFLA said: "Villarreal will not be returning to our newscast until an investigation of the charges has concluded. WFLA will have no additional comment at this time. "
What other people are reading right now:
- Man accused of sexually battering 6-year-old girl
- Florida couple forgot they left their toddler at the park for hours: deputies
- Man electrocuted trying to use a metal pole to remove bird from power line
- Fifth earthquake strikes near Alabama-Florida state line
- 'Dreamer' flight attendant detained by ICE after flying to Mexico for her job
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.