TAMPA, Fla. — A Tampa woman is accused of threatening to "shoot everyone" at the nearest elementary school.
This week, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office claims Juliana Joy Cote, 26, made a public Facebook post that included a photo of a small, fake firearm and threatened violence. Deputies were told about the post and went to Cote's home to interview her. During that conversation, deputies say she admitted to making the post.
Authorities say she lives near Egypt Lake Elementary School.
Deputies say Cote was arrested for making written threats to commit a mass shooting or terrorism. She was taken to the Falkenburg Road Jail.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida woman smiling in mugshot sentenced in deadly DUI crash
- Video shows woman try to kidnap toddler from McDonald's, police say
- He was murdered and his wife shot. The killers were just convicted in his death.
- He was targeted for human trafficking through his mom. Now, he shares his story to help others.
- Gov. Ron DeSantis has tense exchange with school board member during first lady's visit