HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. — Florida Highway Patrol troopers are looking for a driver they say hit and killed a woman on US 41 before taking off early Sunday morning.
Troopers say they believe a person driving a white 2003 to 2009 Chevy Trailblazer around 2:17 a.m. on southbound US 41 approaching East 120th Avenue hit a woman crossing the road.
The driver then took off.
The 40-year-old woman was sent to be treated at a hospital, where she later died from her injuries.
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact FHP by calling (813) 558-1800, *FHP, or Crime Stoppers.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida man eating with family dies after bullet flies through door
- Women accused of stealing elderly lady's credit cards, smiling on $5K shopping spree
- Why the 'Trucker Salute' is a tradition worth saving
- Police told him his mom was murdered, and his 13-year-old son killed her. He doesn't know what to do
- Florida woman finds horse dead, says it looks like he was cut with knife
- After stroke, local business owner hopes Small Business Saturday will help save store
FREE 10NEWS APP: