SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. — The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office arrested 17 people on several charges during an undercover operation to protect citizens from unlicensed contractors.
The three-day operation resulted in 21 felony charges and 15 misdemeanor charges.
Since 2012, the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office has assigned detectives to investigate claims against people who engage in contracting work without proper licenses, permits or certification.
The sheriff’s office worked with the Sarasota County Building Department, the Florida Department of Financial Services Division of Insurance Fraud and the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation during the investigation.
What other people are reading right now:
- Boy riding bike to school dies after being hit by truck in Sarasota County
- Columbine shooting survivor Austin Eubanks dies
- Counseling service offers special sessions for 'Game of Thrones' fans
- Watch a horse toss his jockey and keep running the Preakness without him
- Gov. DeSantis: Trump won't allow flying migrants to Florida
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.