ST. PETERSBURG, Fla — A Palm Harbor man is accused of placing a video camera in the unisex bathroom at his work.
The St. Petersburg Police Department is not identifying the business, but says Van Tran, 32, installed a small magnetic camera in a third-floor bathroom of the business.
The camera was found when a maintenance worker was fixing the sink and knocked the camera to the ground, police say.
The camera used a micro SD card to store data and detectives were able to see multiple people on the video.
Video also showed Tran placing the camera under the sink and testing it to make sure it was working, police said.
Tran is charged with three counts of video voyeurism
He has bonded out of jail.
What other people are reading right now:
- Country singer Kylie Rae Harris killed in New Mexico car crash
- Deputies: Woman let 2 dogs kill duckling while mother duck tried to stop the attack
- High school student accused of swinging at teacher, grabbing coach by the throat
- Woman who hit and killed Sarasota boy in crosswalk is fined, loses license for 6 months
- Before-and-after photos shows the damage left behind by Hurricane Dorian in the Bahamas
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter