WEBSTER, Fla — A woman and three men involved in luring a man they met on an online dating site before beating him to death have been sentenced.

A homicide investigation was opened July 17, 2016, after deputies say a man went into the Richloam Forest to bury his dog. He discovered what appeared to be a body lying on the ground. 

The man alerted deputies and detectives started to investigate the scene with the body they say had "obvious signs of homicidal violence." 

ORIGINAL STORY: Man murdered after meeting woman online

Following an investigation, Preston Oliver Talley, 35, was identified as the victim. 

Detectives say Talley traveled from Gainesville to Ridge Manor in Hernando County to meet a woman he met through the online dating site, PlentyOfFish.

They agreed to meet for sex and/or do drugs, according to deputies. 

He met with a woman detectives later identified as Kayla Morrow, now 25, and they traveled to a secluded area in the Richloam Wildlife Management Area located off McKinney Sink Road in Webster.

Detectives discovered Talley was beaten over the head with a baseball bat and robbed by Morrow and three men. The men have been identified as Andrew Abbott, now 19, Brandon Harrelson, now 24, and Joshua Gardner, now 24. 

"He was beaten viciously until the point of death," the Hernando County Sheriff's Office said during a 2016 press conference. 

The sheriff's office announced the conviction and sentencing of the four people involved in the case Wednesday afternoon.

Morrow, who has been convicted of robbery, has been sentenced to 10 years in prison since she cooperated with deputies in the case. 

Abbott, who was 17 at the time of the brutal beating, has been convicted of second-degree murder and robbery and has been sentenced to 15 years. He was sentenced in exchange for cooperating with deputies in the case as well.

Harrelson has been convicted of first-degree murder and robbery; he was sentenced to life in prison, plus 30 years. 

Gardner has been convicted of first-degree murder and robbery and was sentenced to two consecutive life sentences. 

Detectives thanked everyone involved in helping to investigate and prosecute the case, including the Hernando County Sheriff's Office Crime Analysis unit, "who were pivotal in providing crucial information that led to the arrest of the suspects." 

What other people are reading right now:

Have a news tip? Email desk@wtsp.com, or visit our Facebook page or Twitter feed.