CLEARWATER, Fla. — A Clearwater woman is accused of stealing more than $9,000 from an elderly woman through dozens of illegal credit card transactions, Pinellas County deputies said.
Meghan Martin, 28, was arrested Tuesday on 50 counts of fraudulent use of a credit card. Her bail is set at $241,000.
According to affidavits, Martin got the victim's ATM/debit card without her permission or knowledge.
Between December 2018 and March 2019, she used it to withdraw cash in amounts ranging from $60 to $800, the affidavits claimed. The victim did not find out about the withdrawals until much later, according to law enforcement.
What other people are reading right now:
- Teen collapses and dies during conditioning drills on Tampa football field
- All Publix subs will be on sale for $5.99 for a week
- Florida ranked second most fun state in America
- Florida man accused of killing his wife of 50 years
- Blood pressure medication recall expanded due to cancer risk