LARGO, Fla. — A man is facing a second-degree murder charge after fatally shooting a woman last week, Largo police said.
Kenneth James Prince was charged Tuesday, the same day he turned 40 years old, according to an affidavit. He was already in custody.
Police said on May 7, Prince shot the victim as she was walking to her apartment. The victim died Monday.
When police interviewed Prince, they said he had been sitting outside his apartment and saw two women approach him. He said the women "started talking trash" and he felt threatened, so he pulled a 9 mm handgun from his waistband and shot them.
The Tampa Bay Times said he then fired into a passing car.
He was arrested on May 8. In addition to the murder charge, he faces three counts of attempted murder in the first degree and carrying a concealed weapon.
What other people are reading right now:
- Woman pushed elderly man from bus after he told her to be nice, police say
- Florida mayor threatens to kill neighbors after incident with his daughter, police say
- Mom, 2 kids died in Town 'n' Country apartment fire, sheriff says
- Thinking about getting the hepatitis A vaccine? You might need your wallet
- Video shows healthcare staff punching, beating man with disabilities with belt
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.