LAKELAND, Fla. — The Polk County Sheriff's Office has concluded a 22-year-old woman found in a median died from a hit-and-run crash.
Kara Fay Hanvey, 22, was found dead Sunday in the median of U.S. Highway 92.
The official cause of death is awaiting the results of toxicology tests, a sheriff's spokeswoman said, but the office said she was hit by a car, and investigators believe injuries from the crash are what ultimately led to her death.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Polk County Sheriff's Office at 863-298-6200. Tipsters may also remain anonymous and contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-226 TIPS or click here.
What other people are reading right now:
- Nearly half of young people aren't using deodorant, poll finds
- Mom charged with homicide nearly a decade after 4-year-old girl's death
- New Jersey man found dead in the Dominican Republic; 9th American tourist to die in country
- Hernando County pizza restaurant customers may have been exposed to hepatitis A
- Acting defense secretary explains why he withdrew from leading Pentagon
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.