ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — A St. Petersburg woman slashed a man's tires because he was playing video games while she was trying to sleep, Pinellas County deputies said.
According to an affidavit, Sonya Kathryn Martin, a k a Sonya Kathryn Yokom, 41, was trying to sleep about 1:30 a.m. Saturday while the victim was playing video games. She unplugged the internet router, so he started playing on his cellphone, police said.
The victim said he saw her go outside, and when she returned, she said, "Finally, some peace and quiet," the affidavit said.
When he asked her what she meant, she said she didn't say anything and threw a knife on the ground, police said.
The victim went outside to find all four of his tires were going flat.
Yokom was charged with criminal mischief and released on $150 bail.
Jail records show she has been arrested several times in the past, including on multiple DUI charges.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida researchers remove nearly 20-foot-long snake from nature preserve
- Detention deputy fired after slamming inmate to the ground, investigators say
- As 13 people hung on the roof or were inside an SUV, it crashed, killing 1
- They were planning a baby shower. Now they're planning 3 funerals.
- SpaceX's Falcon Heavy set to blast off this week
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.