DANVILLE, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky pet store owner says two women stole a pair of guinea pigs, lobbing one of the animals at him during their escape.
News outlets report 21-year-old Isabelle Mason and 19-year-old and Jaimee Pack on Saturday tried to smuggle out the animals from Pet Paradise without paying. Owner Scott Gonyaw told WKYT-TV he confronted the women, screaming “Give me the guinea pigs!” as they got into a car.
One woman rolled down a window and tossed a four-month-old guinea pig named Lucky onto the concrete. The other ran over Gonyaw’s foot with the car. He says he suffered bruising.
Lucky wasn’t injured. The other guinea pig remains missing.
Jail records show Danville police charged the women with shoplifting, robbery and animal cruelty. It’s unclear whether they have lawyers.
What other people are reading right now:
- Security guard shoots, kills man at Tampa nightclub
- Polk County firefighters working to put out large fire at a Lakeland recycling facility
- Bicyclist hit by car along Pinellas Trail. Police are searching for the driver
- Dog using porch to stay warm picked up by police
- Five Below starts selling items more than $5
FREE 10NEWS APP: