TAMPA, Fla. — The Tampa Police Department says the person responsible for an early morning hit-and-run in Ybor City that injured two people has been arrested.
Officers say Jenalone Sisavat, 23, was driving northbound on North Nebraska Avenue when they struck a man and a woman riding a motorized rental scooter traveling westbound on East Palm Avenue.
"It appears the male driving the scooter, along with the female passenger may have crossed into the path of the driver at N. Nebraska Ave," the police department wrote in a press release.
The driver did not stop following the crash or render aid, according to officers.
Sisavat has been charged with leaving the scene of a crash with serious bodily injury and faces a $7,5000 bond. Police say additional charges are pending in the investigation.
What other people are reading right now:
- Yes, there is a new COVID-19 variant from Colombia confirmed in Florida
- Gov. DeSantis joins push to overturn Roe v. Wade in Supreme Court
- Can you be legally required to have a COVID vaccine in Florida?
- Parts of Tampa Bay area coastline under beach hazard statement due to red tide
- Lightning's national anthem singer moves to ICU days after COVID-19 hospitalization, husband says
- Here are the school supplies included in Florida's tax-free holiday
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter