TAMPA, Fla. — The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office says a vigilant juvenile helped them find a man trying to lure girls into a car.
Around 4:45 p.m. Wednesday, deputies responded to reports of a suspicious vehicle in the area of Old Hillsborough and Orange avenues.
A young girl told deputies a man tried to lure her into his black Ford Titanium while she was walking home from her school bus stop.
The girl was able to write down the man's license plate and contact authorities.
Late Thursday night, deputies conducted surveillance on Preston Pamphile, 35, and saw him driving through several locations in his car, making contact with three other juvenile girls as well a woman.
Pamphile was stopped by detectives and arrested for reckless driving, two counts of violation of probation- simple battery, and violation of probation- false imprisonment.
Detectives say he is a violent felony offender of special concern in accordance with state statute.
Detectives are asking people to come forward if they've had any similar encounters with Pamphile.
What other people are reading right now:
- Davenport woman arrested after baby dies from brain bleeding and skull fractures, deputies say
- 'Best rainfall in years' | Rain drenches parts of Australia, helps contain fires and brings drought relief
- CDC warns flu vaccine does not match the virus hitting children especially hard
- Restaurant Red Alert: Beach bar owner blames rat problem on neighboring construction site
- Dog gives birth to lime green puppy named 'Hulk'
- Attention viewers: WTSP is undergoing planned work on our tower