DADE CITY, Fla. — There was good news for teachers in Pasco County Tuesday night.
The Pasco County School Board passed a pay hike for nearly 5,000 teachers during the meeting. Teachers could start seeing raises in their paychecks Feb. 21 if they approve the deal.
The plan includes 3.25 percent pay hikes and continued full-paid health benefits. The package includes an additional $7.5 million for pay to teachers.
What other people are reading right now:
- Child's car sign signaling for help was actually a prank, troopers say
- Scientists created a microscopic robot -- and it's alive
- Lamb cam returns to TECO solar fields in Apollo Beach
- Paralyzed man finishes marathon, beats world record using high-tech exoskeleton
- House votes Wednesday to send impeachment articles against President Trump to the Senate
- Florida woman accused of trying to make a bomb inside Walmart
- Attention viewers: WTSP is undergoing planned work on our tower