Thousands of Pinellas County students return to school Wednesday.
Pinellas County Schools was the only public school district throughout Tampa Bay that didn’t start classes on Monday.
“The start of a new school year is always an exciting time for our staff as we enthusiastically welcome our new students on Wednesday, Aug. 14,” said Superintendent Dr. Michael A. Grego in a recorded video welcoming students back to school.
The county’s high schools will start five minutes later than last year. It means they also get out five minutes later at 1:55 p.m.
Elementary students will start at the same time, but get out at 2:55 p.m., which is 10 minutes later than last year.
Go to Pinellas County Schools’ website to view the district’s back-to-school guide.
What other people are reading right now:
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' stars indicted by federal grand jury
- Longtime Hillsborough County bus driver dies on first day of school
- Video: Comedian Andy Dick knocked cold outside of New Orleans club
- Woman killed after loose tire flies off truck, hits car
- Florida cop sues dating site for using his photo after his wife asked him about it
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.