ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — They first met 37 years ago and quickly became best friends.
One was charming and intelligent – but didn’t really fit in.
The other – was a little boy named Elliott.
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial broke the box office back in 1982. It took a genre that often centers around fear of the unknown and turned it into a timeless story of trust, acceptance and perseverance.
Now, America’s favorite alien has reunited with the brave boy who helped him phone home – but the boy is all grown up.
Actor Henry Thomas teams up with E.T. in a four-minute commercial for Comcast Xfinity.
They eat cupcakes with Reese’s Pieces together – and bike across the moon.
Now, that’s some serious reminiscing.
You can watch the commercial here:
people are reading right now:
- America's first Thanksgiving was actually in St. Augustine, Florida
- Why the 'Trucker Salute' is a tradition worth saving
- Woman accused of firing into KFC for not being given a fork and a napkin
- Two people arrested for pulling a horse behind a pickup truck
- Users report Facebook, Instagram outages around the world
- Woman meets long-lost brother...60 years later
- President Trump: We're not going to change the name 'Thanksgiving'
FREE 10NEWS APP: