HALLANDALE BEACH, Fla. — Police in Hallandale Beach think there may have been a witness to a homicide and are trying to get "her" to talk.
Officials say the Amazon Echo or a device similar to it was in a South Florida home where a woman was killed in July.
The Sun-Sentinel reports that the device, nicknamed "Alexa" after its wake word, might have heard and recorded more than a shopping order in the house of Silvia Galva and her boyfriend, Adam Reechard Crespo. She died after a spear impaled her chest.
Crespo is charged with first-degree murder and is out on a $65,000 bond.
Officials say Amazon turned over multiple recordings, but neither the company, police, nor the State Attorney's Office will say what was on them.
What other people are reading right now:
- Affidavit: Florida man traded child pornography images for gift cards
- Child airlifted to hospital after being hit by truck in Trinity, Pasco Fire Rescue says
- 4 things to do with leftover Halloween candy
- Frozen raspberries, berry mixes recalled for possible Hepatitis A contamination
- Car crashes into Mel's Hot Dogs
FREE 10NEWS APP: