ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office is partnering with OneBlood to host blood drives to benefit donation centers affected by Hurricane Dorian.
You can donate at the sheriff's office in Ybor City in front of the Freddie Solomon Annex Building at 1900 E. 9th Avenue until 12:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The hurricane forced the closure of donations centers and the cancellation of blood drives all along the east coast of the United States for nearly a week, causing a decrease in blood donations.
Donations of all blood types are being accepted.
You can also donate today at the following locations:
- Kennedy Donor Center, 4041 W. Kennedy Blvd., Tampa until 2:30 p.m.
- FIS/West-FIS, 11601 Roosevelt Blvd., St. Petersburg until 3 p.m.
- Clearwater-Missouri Donor Center, 1680 S. Missouri Ave. until 3:30 p.m.
For a list of other locations and times, click here.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida boy surprised with Disney trip after using birthday money to help Hurricane Dorian evacuees
- How one deadly secret led to the murder of an entire family
- Rare Friday the 13th full moon to appear this week
- EMT responds to fatal crash and finds his 16-year-old daughter
- Child with cancer will not go back to his parents, judge rules
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter