TAMPA, Fla. — Thursday was a day of celebration for the Tornin family.
Three-year-old Chase celebrated the end of his chemotherapy treatments at Tampa General Hospital by ringing the bell and saying the heartwarming poem:
"Ring this Bell, three times well, it's toll to clearly say, my treatment's done, it's course is run, and I'm on my way!"
Chase was joined by his parents Caroline and Shawn Tornin, his grandfather Reinold Tornin and his brother Conner, who was celebrating his sixth birthday.
After the ceremony, Chase got gifts and cupcakes from TGH Children's Medical Center, which took care of him during his treatments.
What other people are reading right now:
- Here's how Crew Dragon compares to the 8 other spaceships that have carried humans
- Historic SpaceX Crew Dragon launch scrubbed due to weather
- Disney World proposes reopening July 11 with mandatory masks for all
- SeaWorld proposes reopening parks June 10
- Hillsborough County endorses plans for reopening Busch Gardens
- 103-year-old woman celebrates coronavirus recovery with a cold beer
- Man accused of plotting mass shooting in Tampa Bay area, charged with trying to help ISIS
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter