PINELLAS PARK, Fla. — A Wawa in Pinellas Park and another in Lakeland are closed after two employees tested positive for coronavirus.
The store at 3101 Gandy Boulevard in Pinellas Park and the store at 4320 US Highway 98 N in Lakeland, are being deep cleaned after the company learned of the employees' positive results.
In a press release, the company said the employee at the Lakeland store last worked on April 20. The employee at the store in Pinellas Park last worked on April 25.
"As always, the health and safety of our customers and associates is a top priority. We will do everything we can to support our associate, including providing paid time off, and take all necessary steps to monitor, safeguard and protect all our associates and customers," the company stated in the news release.
For more information on the steps Wawa is taking to ensure customer safety regarding COVID-19, click here.
What other people are reading right now:
- Gov. DeSantis says reopening can begin May 4, restaurants can open with restrictions
- JetBlue wants to suspend flights to Tampa
- NASA: Coronavirus has drastically improved Florida's air quality
- 100 bodies found decomposing in rental trucks outside New York funeral home
- Tampa nurse holds the hand of COVID-19 patients as they take their last breaths
- 'Ineligible' for unemployment assistance? Florida wants you to apply again
- Hotlines, websites offer the latest on COVID-19
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter