SARASOTA, Fla. — A Tampa Bay area congressmen announced Friday one of his longtime field representatives had died from COVID-19.
Rep. Vern Buchanan said Gary Tibbetts had died from the coronavirus at Manatee Memorial Hospital.
Rep. Buchanan wrote, "Devastated by the death of my longtime staffer Gary Tibbetts, who passed away today at Manatee Memorial Hospital from COVID-19. Gary was the consummate professional and true professional in every since of the word. He touched so many lives and was loved and respected by those who knew him. I will never forget his uplifting spirit, sense of humor and sheer joy helping others and I offer our deepest sympathies to his wife, Valarie and family. He will be greatly missed."
What other people are reading right now:
- Body of missing 5-year-old found in Highlands County lake
- Yankees, Nationals players kneel with long, black ribbon before game
- Funeral expenses for 3 friends killed in Frostproof 'massacre' covered by donations
- Tropical Storm Hanna forms in the Gulf of Mexico
- Infectious disease experts believe schools will be the epicenter for the spread of COVID-19 this Fall
- Hillsborough County Schools reopening delayed by 2 weeks to Aug. 24
- Trump cancels Jacksonville segment of Republican National Convention
- Florida adds record 173 new deaths to its coronavirus report in a single day
- Here are the reopening plans for Tampa Bay school districts
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter