TAMPA, Fla. — The Florida Department of Health has launched a new surveillance dashboard to help you track cases of the new coronavirus, COVID-19.
The novel virus was first detected in China and has since appeared in more than 100 places around the world, including in the United States.
The virus is being called "SARS-CoV-2." It causes a disease named "coronavirus disease 2019," which is abbreviated as COVID-19, the phrase you've heard more often during the pandemic.
In Florida, the highest concentrations of cases have been seen in Broward and Dade counties -- although there have been several cases in the Tampa Bay area. Use the interactive map below for the latest case information from the Florida Department of Health.
- VERIFY: Yes, your pool is safe from coronavirus, as long as it’s properly maintained
- Scholastic offers free courses for students stuck at home because of coronavirus
- Walmart stores nationwide adjust hours of operation for restocking and sanitizing
- Public beaches in Miami Beach, Fort Lauderdale close to prevent spread of coronavirus
- Tampa Bay restaurant offering kids free pizza slices while schools are closed
- Coronavirus resources: Hotlines, websites offer the latest on COVID-19
FREE 10NEWS APP: