TAMPA, Fla. — With Florida recently reporting record-breaking numbers of COVID-19 cases, largely due to the newest omicron variant, testing for the virus is in high demand.
And with long lines building up at testing centers around the Tampa Bay area, counties are reopening their free COVID-19 testing locations.
On Jan. 6, Gov. Ron DeSantis and Florida Surgeon General Dr. Joseph Ladapo released updated testing guidance for the state. You can read the full guidelines here. DeSantis says this does not prevent anyone from getting a test.
Where you can get a COVID-19 test around the Tampa Bay area
At-home COVID-19 tests are available at most major pharmacies. The cost of those tests vary by store and type of test but ranges from about $10 to about $25 on average.
If you schedule a COVID-19 test at a pharmacy or your local health care provider, those tests are free.
Click any of the retail or health care provider links below for rapid testing locations, PCR tests and information related to your area:
- Progress Village Park, 8701 Progress Blvd., Tampa (open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Adventure Island, 10001 N. McKinley Dr., Tampa (open daily from 9 a.m. to p.m.)
- Al Lopez Park, 4810 N. Himes Ave., Tampa (open daily from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.) | Last day of operations: 7 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 12.
- Al Barnes Park, 2902 N, 32nd St., Tampa (open daily from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.) | Last day of operations: 7 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 26.
- Lee Davis Community Resource Center, 3402 N. 22nd St., Tampa (open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Plant City Community Resource Center, 307 N. Michigan Ave., Plant City (open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- West Tampa Community Resource Center, 2103 N. Rome Ave., Tampa (open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- SUNZ insurance building, 1301 8th Ave., Bradenton (opened daily from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Drive-thru site Old Sears Auto Center at the Gulf View Square Mall in Port Richey, 9409 US-19, Port Richey (open daily from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Pinellas County/DOH Supported Site, 7150 114th Ave., Largo (open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Closing Feb. 1: Center for Health Equity, 2333 34th St. S., St. Petersburg (open Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Tropicana Field, 1 Tropicana Dr., St. Petersburg (open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily)
- Auburndale Testing Center, 321 Ramsgate Road, Auburndale (open Monday - Thursday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. to 3:30)
- Nomi Health - Gil Jones Center, 3425 U.S. 17 N, Winter Haven (open daily from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Nomi Health - RP Funding Center 701 West Lime Street, Lakeland (open daily from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Nomi Health - Bartow Regional Medical, 2200 Osprey Boulevard, Bartow (open daily from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Lakeland Regional Health, 1234 Lakeland Hills Boulevard, Lakeland (open Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Saturday 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- Former Sarasota Kennel Club, 5400 Old Bradenton Rd., Sarasota (open Monday-Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Robert L. Taylor Community Complex parking lot, 1845 34th St., Sarasota (open Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
- Dallas White Park, 5900 Greenwood Ave., North Port (open Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
- Ed Smith Stadium parking lot, 2700 12th St., Sarasota (open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Venice Community Center parking lot, 326 Nokomis Ave. S., Venice (open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday)