THE VILLAGES, Fla. — Gov. Ron DeSantis is holding a news conference early Monday afternoon in The Villages.
DeSantis is making an appearance at UF Health to talk about the state's response to COVID-19.
The news conference from the governor comes after Florida reached more than 200,000 positive cases of coronavirus over the weekend.
The state has now had more confirmed cases than Germany, which has 83.02 million residents -- more than 3.86 times Florida's population.
- Florida adds another 10,059 coronavirus cases in one day
- Police identify men struck by lightning on Clearwater Beach
- Bellagio error may be biggest sportsbook loss in Vegas history
- Clearwater Fire Medics deliver baby boy on Courtney Campbell beach
- Deadly amoeba that destroys brain infects person in Hillsborough County, health department warns
- Man in famous 9/11 photo dies of coronavirus in Florida
- Disney World Annual Passholders accidentally charged for months parks were closed for COVID-19
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter