ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — They're not the words from the 1991 film but perhaps more so adjusted for life in 2020.
Noah Lindquist, a songwriter and supporter of Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, recently published a COVID-19 parody of "Be Our Guest" from "Beauty and the Beast." The topic? Mask wearing. Title? "Wear a Mask."
Well, it's geared toward those who choose not to wear a mask.
"Wear. A. Mask. Wear a mask. Is this really much to ask?" Lumière sings. "Tie some fabric 'round your face. Oh, it's the simplest of tasks!
"...Stop the lies, stop the fights. No one's taking away your rights! All this speculation makes me need a flask."
Watch below and take note: Some of the language used may be offensive to some viewers.
Masks are an effective way to limit the spread of COVID-19, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Its director, Dr. Robert Redfield, said there is "clear scientific evidence" masks work to limit the spread of COVID-19.
They, too, might even provide better protection than a COVID-19 vaccine. Redfield explained that a potential coronavirus vaccine may only have an immune response 70 percent of the time that protects a person against COVID-19.
"If I don’t get an immune response, the vaccine’s not going to protect me. This face mask will," Redfield said while holding up his surgical face mask during a September hearing.
What other people are reading right now:
- They've done it! The Rays are heading to the World Series
- Welcome to 'Champa' Bay: Can the Rays, Bucs keep the streak going?
- Coronavirus in Florida: 2,539 new cases, 50 deaths reported
- Florida sheriff: Man arrested after killing teen, abducting ex-girlfriend and leading deputies on a chase
- Polls suggest Biden, Trump neck and neck in Florida
- Tropical storms may develop next week in the Caribbean and Atlantic
- What you need to know about the 6 constitutional amendments on Florida ballots
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter