ZooTampa will be temporarily closing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. It is expected to open back up March 29.
The more than 1,100 animals who live at our Zoo will continue to receive the same superior care, veterinary oversight and enriching opportunities daily- a standard that is never compromised.
The popular Sugar Sand Festival presented by Visit St. Pete/Clearwater will cancel this year's festival that was scheduled for next month. For those of you who have pre-purchased tickets, organizers say they will be contacting you within the next week to give you a refund.
Busch Gardens tweeted it is closing all of their theme parks starting this Sunday through the end of the month. Also starting this Sunday, Ruth Eckerd Hall is postponing all events through April 2. If you have tickets to a show they are asking you to wait until the new date is announced to see if you can go. If you can't, they will give you a credit voucher or full refund.
The Straz Center for the Performing Arts is suspending all performances, events and classes. Hold on to your ticket and they say they will be in touch about refunds. Sun 'n Fun Fly-In - the largest aviation event in the South - has also been postponed until May 5-10.
The city of Tampa announced the Tampa Parks and Recreation Department will be closing all facilities and pools effective close of business March 14. Programs, tournaments and events are canceled until further notice.
IndyCar also released a statement on Friday, saying:
“After careful consideration, including regular communication with our event promoters, health officials, and the city administrations in our respective race markets regarding COVID-19, we have made the decision to cancel all NTT INDYCAR Series events through April. This begins with the Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg which was to begin today and run through Sunday, March 15.”
Other events that are canceled or postponed include:
- American Cancer society suspending all in-person events through March 31
- Chasco Fiesta in Pasco County postponed
- City of Pinellas Park will cancel Chili Blaze and Country in the Park
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium closed March 16-27
- Florida Holocaust Museum closed March 16-29
- Friday Fest in Bartow
- Sarasota Film Festival postponed
- Sarasota St. Paddy's Festival canceled
- Sarasota World Dance Festival postponed
- St. Petersburg Museum of History closed until April 1
- Tampa Bay Blues Festival canceled
- Tampa Bay Downs to race without fans
- Tampa Bay History Center closed until March 30
- Tampa Jeep Krewe postponed
- Tampa’s Saturday Night Brawl postponed
- The Dalí Museum closed March 16-31
- Wagon Wheel Flea Market and Mustang Flea Market closed March 15-31
Also good to know – Tampa Parks and Recreation Senior Centers are closing and programs are canceled.
- Florida schools closing for 2 weeks to limit spread of coronavirus
- President Trump says he will 'likely' take coronavirus test 'fairly soon'
- Live Updates: All Florida schools ordered to close for 2 weeks, districts say
- President Trump declares a national emergency to ramp up coronavirus response
- Coronavirus concerns cause Florida courts to suspend jury duty
- Coronavirus live updates: Europe travel ban begins tonight; administration nears aid bill agreement
- Disney World Resort closing due to coronavirus concerns
- Universal Orlando closing its theme parks
- Your upcoming Princess Cruise was just canceled. Here's what you can do
- Live Updates: Concerts, sporting events called off as Florida works to limit COVID-19 spread
- NBA suspending season over coronavirus concerns
- Farnell Middle School closed for 48 hours after someone was exposed to coronavirus
- Coronavirus resources: Hotlines, websites offer the latest on COVID-19
FREE 10NEWS APP: