The Florida Hospital Association says hospitalizations from COVID-19 are at their lowest level in the state in over a year.
There were roughly 1,842 COVID hospitalizations in Florida Wednesday.
According to their data, the state’s hospitalizations have declined 19% in the last two weeks and stand 38% lower than one month ago.
Current hospitalizations stand at only 20% of the peak reached in July 2020 with approximately 33% of existing hospital capacity available.
The hospital association also noted that the statewide positivity from COVID-19 testing stands at 3.89%, which is down considerably from 6.16% at the beginning of May.
The Agency for Health Care Administration has been publishing a spreadsheet with the number of people currently checked in for coronavirus-related complications in Florida. The data only includes people whose "primary diagnosis" was COVID-19.
As of June 3, 1,797 people were hospitalized with COVID-19 as their primary diagnosis statewide, and 429 of them were in the Tampa Bay area. Those numbers are frequently updated, and you can click here for the most recent data, which is also broken down by county.
Since the pandemic began, the state confirms a total of 95,607 residents were hospitalized at some point during their illness.
The Agency for Healthcare Administration (AHCA) also updates total hospital bed and ICU availability by county.
Click here for a breakdown of adult and pediatric ICU bed availability by county. You can also check ICU availability by the hospital.
Hospitalizations around Tampa Bay and total staffed hospital bed capacity status:
**Data as of 3:00 p.m. June 3
- 17 COVID-19 hospitalizations
- 85 of 304 total staffed hospital beds are available
- 1 COVID-19 hospitalization
- 39 of 58 total staffed hospital beds are available
- 0 COVID-19 hospitalizations
- 0 of 25 total staffed hospital beds are available
- 26 COVID-19 hospitalizations
- 245 of 766 total staffed hospital beds are available
- 14 COVID-19 hospitalizations
- 42 of 309 total staffed hospital beds are available
- 130 COVID-19 hospitalizations
- 815 of 4,144 total staffed hospital beds are available
- 19 COVID-19 hospitalizations
- 111 of 772 total staffed hospital beds are available
- 48 COVID-19 hospitalizations
- 230 of 1,467 total staffed hospital beds are available
- 69 COVID-19 hospitalizations
- 693 of 3,144 total staffed hospital beds are available
- 84 COVID-19 hospitalizations
- 39 of 1,728 total staffed hospital beds are available
- 21 COVID-19 hospitalizations
- 189 of 1,322 total staffed hospital beds are available
What other people are reading right now:
- Lighting, Hurricanes Game 3 preview: Bolts return home
- $6 million in unclaimed property assets returned to people around Tampa Bay: Are you missing money?
- Philippe Park reopens Thursday following black bear sighting
- Man accused of shooting somebody in the face over dog dispute has 'anger issues,' sheriff says
- Find a Lightning watch party for Game 3 against Carolina
- Florida family loses four loved ones to COVID-19 in a matter of three months
- Tampa man attacked by gator in Myakka River
- What can I get tax-free during Florida's Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday?
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter