ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — If you live in Pinellas County and were thinking about getting a COVID-19 test at the Mahaffey Theater site, you'll want to check its new hours before you go.
Beginning on Wednesday, Sept. 16, COVID-19 testing will be available from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays at the county's drive-up testing site outside of the Duke Energy for the Arts Mahaffey Theater.
Antibody testing will be available from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays. The antibody test is done by blood draw and checks to see whether a person has developed the antibodies to fight COVID-19. A positive test is not conclusive for a prior COVID-19 infection, as it can pick up antibodies from another coronavirus.
You don't need a referral or to pre-register for an antibody test, but you are asked to complete, print, and bring this form with you to the testing site.
The Mahaffey Theater testing site is state-supported in collaboration with Pinellas County, the Florida Department of Health, Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County, the City of St. Petersburg and community partners.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida approved to pay out fourth week of federal unemployment benefits
- Missing Child Alert issued for 11-year-old Tampa girl
- 'I didn't want to hurt anybody' | Video shows man with Trump flag drive through crowd of protesters
- 4 organized systems, 3 tropical disturbances: Atlantic hurricane season stays busy
- Biden seeks to woo Latinos in 1st trip to Florida as nominee
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter