TAMPA, Fla — Caution over competition – that appears to be the motto American sports organizations are following when it comes to protecting players, coaches and fans from coronavirus.
So far, the National Hockey League is pressing forward with the season, but it’s taking some notable precautions as COVID-19 continues to spread. The NHL announced Thursday teams are being advised not to hold morning skates, practices or team meetings today.
The Tampa Bay Lightning are scheduled take home ice tonight at 7 p.m., when they host the Philadelphia Flyers.
10News is staying in contact with the team in case any changes are made. Check back for updates.
- Farnell Middle School closed for 48 hours after someone was exposed to coronavirus
- Your upcoming Princess Cruise was just canceled. Here's what you can do
- Catholic Diocese of St. Petersburg suspends shaking of hands, serving of blessed or consecrated wine
- NBA suspending season over coronavirus concerns
- Coronavirus in Florida: Latest updates
- State Department advises all US citizens to 'reconsider travel abroad' due to virus pandemic
- Coronavirus resources: Hotlines, websites offer the latest on COVID-19
- COVID-19 preps: Why are people stocking up on toilet paper?
FREE 10NEWS APP: