SEMINOLE, Fla. — A nurse who worked at Seminole Pavilion has died as a result of COVID-19, a representative for Freedom Square Nursing Home confirmed to 10News.
"On behalf of our community, we send our thoughts and prayers to the family and loved ones affected by this loss," a spokesperson for the facility wrote in an email.
The total number of deaths linked to the coronavirus outbreak at the senior care facility is now 17.
The National Guard was sent to help the facility last month. Click here to read 10Investigates' previous coverage.
What other people are reading right now:
- Gov. DeSantis says reopening can begin May 4, restaurants can open with restrictions
- JetBlue wants to suspend flights to Tampa
- When will Disney World reopen?
- NASA: Coronavirus has drastically improved Florida's air quality
- Publix selling green branded face masks
- Tampa nurse holds the hand of COVID-19 patients as they take their last breaths
- Two Wawa stores close after employees test positive for coronavirus
- Hotlines, websites offer the latest on COVID-19
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter